woensdag 12 oktober 2016

Finally buying Playboy Magazine for its articles

For the first time ever a muslim woman wearing a hijab will appear in Playboy Magzine. To me personally this seems a valid reason to finally start buying one of these magazines. Not for the female nudity (Playboy stopped with nude photography a while ago), but rather for its welcoming of diversity in the worldwide famous magazine.

Noor Tagouri is a 22 year old  American muslim journalist. She believes this type of rebellion is crucial in times like these and I must agree with her. It's nice to see someone finally stepping up the fight against ridiculous stereotypes in hopes to live in a more tolerant society. However, many muslims have spoken about disagreeing with Tagouri's decision, because the hijab is a form of desexualisation of women, so appearing in a magazine which prime goal was sexualizing the female body in the first place is a bit ironic. I do understand this opinion, but I don't think it's a bad thing that the islamic religion finally has an oppurtunity to appear in the news in a more positive way.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/28/muslim-woman-in-hijab-to-appear-in-playboy/

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It's a very interesting and hot topic to blog about. I was pleasantly surprised to read that Playboy choose a muslim woman wearing a hijab to appear on the cover. I think it is very interesting that you put another vision in your blog as a comparison.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen